A while back I was hanging out with a body builder friend of mine. For some weird reason he was drinking lemon water. When I asked him why he said “Dude, don’t question me. It’s good for you so just drink it”.
When I got home the first thing I did was find some lemons and drank some lemon water. Since then I drink lemon water daily.
Because it is one of the easiest things you can do to help you lose fat fast and improve your overall health.
A lot of people try to find short cuts or an easy way to learn how to lose fat. Honestly, there is no such thing but an easy way to jump start your fat loss and improve your overall health is by simply drinking lemon water.
Here are some of the many benefits:
Photo By Tuncay Devecioglu
- Aids Digestion. Lemon water flushes out unwanted toxins from the body. It makes the liver produce bile, an acid required for digestion. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn and bloating.
- Cleanses Your System. Lemon water helps your body wipe out any unwanted materials by increasing the rate of urination. The toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
- Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which helps fight illness and high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Vitamin C found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that fight against a cold and the flu. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.
- Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Lemons contain weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation
- Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. It can actually be applied directly to scars or age spots to help reduce their appearance. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
- Lightens Up Your Mood and Provides Energy. The energy we get from food comes from the atoms and molecules in it. Lemons are one of the few foods containing more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.
- Improves Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage. As noted previously, vitamin C also displays anti-inflammatory properties. Combined, vitamin C is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress
- Freshens Bad Breath.Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm lemon water supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is dehydrated you will feel the effects: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed. A great way to avoid this, DRINK LEMON WATER!
- HELPS YOUR LOSE FAT. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. There are studies showing people who regularly drink lemon water lose fat and do so a lot faster then those who don’t. I can also say, from experience, drinking lemon water has helped me with my weight loss goals.